Mealtime is one of the biggest struggles for parents, especially those with little ones. Why? Because kids are always getting fussy when it's time to eat.
How do you make mealtimes better?
Here are some ideas to keep meals positive and less stressful.
- Encourage your toddler to get involved in the food preparation and shopping experience. Let them help, find age-appropriate ways for them to do.
- Always try and eat in a calm and relaxed environment if you can. Keep all possible distractions away from their site.
- Involve the entire family in coming up with rules and make sure the expectations are clear before sitting down to eat.
- Sitting down as a family for mealtime can teach your child how to eat and helps your child develop social skills.
- Converse with your child and make each mealtime sociable and enjoyable. Make it a point to talk about fun parts of your day.
- Let your child decide how much to eat.
- Mealtimes do not have to be long. Mealtimes can last 10 or 15 minutes, or for as long as your child can pay attention.